[P1] OT: do i have to use wmp or realplayer?

Fran fran at dollingers.com
Sat Jul 12 08:14:51 PDT 2003

I have a radio show that I listen to, they did have 12 types of
streams, including Real...
Recently they dropped all but one and are pushing everyone to get
Winamp3. I was assuming (yeah, I know..) that Winamp was a M$ creation,
so I did not d/l it. When I clicked on the link on the website to
listen, iTunes popped up and took over and I could listen through
that...AMAZING! I went and checked out the Winamp site and it says it
is a
Nullsoft product...anyone have any experience with them??

Thanks,

Fran

BTW: my iBook is back the battery fits ok, it still does not have the
smooth lines but at least it'll seat & lock without any struggle. I am
now testing it's stamina...

On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 02:02  AM, Joe Jones wrote:

> I believe there are some projects out there that enable you to change
> the nasty formats into something generic, but yo can't play them
> directly.
>
> If you are going to use one of them, I'd have to suggest Real media on
> the Mac. The player is actually quite reasonable (no spyware or other
> offensive stuff like the PC version), and the most current incarnation
> of the codec works on OS X.
If you're not outraged,
you're not paying attention!