[P1] weird with airport

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 13:09:12 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 10:48  AM, don hinkle wrote:

> 	AND MORE...after I disconnected, turned off airport in my iBook after
> the first run, and went down for dinner, the iMac stayed connected to
> the phone line for 5 more hours before I realized it and shut it down.
> 	Is there a way from my iBook to disconnect the iMac from the phone?

Since the Airport is designed to share the modem with many Macs, it
does not disconnect just because you shut down a Mac as its internal
modem would. You have to issue a disconnect command from one of the
connected computers. Should any of the other Macs wish to connect, the
can do so. I haven't used 9 in such a long time that I cannot remember
where this is done but you should be able to find it easily enough.