Mail issues and Comcast High Speed Internet

Wai Lee SpikeTheFrog at comcast.net
Sun Jul 13 08:10:44 PDT 2003

Hi,

Has anyone been experiencing any mail issues if they were moved over
from AT&T Broadband to Comcast?  With my system, I'm finding that it's
difficult to download mail.  I have to Get Mail several times before it
gets them if at all.  Many times I will get incomplete downloads and
then duplicates when I try again.

I often get this message:

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the
settings for account “SpikeTheFrog at comcast.net” or try again.

The server error encountered was: Reading data from host
mail.comcast.net failed.
<<

Comcast hasn't been very helpful.  They asked me to turn off my virus
software, which I did, but this made no difference.  They won't offer
much help unless I am using Outlook Express, which I understand is not
available for OS X.  What they are really looking for are error
numbers.  Can I get these error numbers from anywhere?

Regards,
Wai Lee