iChatAV with USB cameras works at least sometimes

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Jul 13 04:43:41 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I couldn't believe my luck in finding this link...not wanting to wait for
iSight to become available here I was desperate to use video with iChat...

I can hardly believe it but I found a link on the web which allows you to
download a program that allows you to use USB cameras with iChatAV...

I have tried it and it works with my Phillips USB camera! I have a Phillips
toucam Pro and use the free macam driver, free (for users not developers)
haxie called application enhancer, and now this free ichatusbcam
program...sounds lengthy but they are really easy to install and use and
works flawlessly :)

Might not need to get the iSight after all...(probably will anyway but at
least there is a choice available and will ease the urgency :)

site link:

<http://www.ecamm.com/mac/ichatusbcam/>

Cheers,

Richard