Further notes on the ibook display problems

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 18 20:45:03 PDT 2003

I hooked up the iBook to my other computer using Target Disk Mode. The
firewire symbol was perfectly formed and clear, no problems with the
display. Ran disk utility, everything is fine. Ejected from firewire mode.
Restarted. Got as far as the log on screen and then the display went all
wonky. There's a dark bar that keeps traveling down the screen, kind of like
a TV with a horizontal hold problem. There are lots of lines in various
shades of blue down the screen.

I feel as if this has to be a software problem given that, under certain
circumstances, the screen is fine. I do seem to recall reading things about
the iBooks a and projectors but can't remember them. Argh.

BTW, tried resetting the pram. Tried to boot in open firmware to rest the
pram that way. No screen.

Meg
--
700 MHz iBook (June 02) OS X 10.2.4