[P1] Xmas in July

Wiebe Wilbers wiebe at insysco.net.au
Tue Jul 22 01:44:24 PDT 2003

On 22/7/03 1:59 PM, "Peter Nacken" <caipirina at mac.com> wrote:

> That means you must be far out somewhere in .au ...

Not really, about 60KM south of Sydney, in a city (pop. 300,000+) called
Wollongong.

>From what I have read so
> far I thought offers in AU have become quite nice ... How much is satelite
> ??
One way Satellite is about $AU75 a month (400kbps/3GB), plus ISP another $25
or so, plus line rental, about $30, plus call costs, about $30. Total, is
about $AU 160 a month for Satellite.
ADSL is able to be used, if they got of their behinds and installed a card
(Presumably similar to installing a PCI card or something) in the local
exchange. That would be $70 a month, for a faster service.

>I pay around 250 AU$ for ISDN (128K) and capped at 500 MB  .. Each extra
> MB is .60 cents   (AU$ and FJ$ are very close)

Not great either then... :-)

I'll just quietly be bitter about the whole thing, with the added knowledge
that others don't have it great either.. :-)

Regards,
Wiebe.