[P1] Changing Home Folder name

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Thu Jul 24 20:59:22 PDT 2003

> Thanks, guys.  If I can't change the name, is it possible to change
> the name of the account in some field somewhere?  Is that possible?

You would think so; the "Accounts" panel in System Preferences, gives
you the option to "Edit User." But I can't seem to change the User Name
or "Short Name," which is what the name of the "Home" folder is derived
from; I think I went through this when I first installed OS X. (In my
case, that may be because the account is an "Admin" account, and/or the
only one I've set up.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net