[P1] Switcher...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 24 21:28:38 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:36  PM, Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> She burned a second CD for me using the 'standard' method that Roxio
> said could be read by nearly all PC's and when I inserted it in my CD
> drive, my computer whirred for a little time and nothing showed up.  I
> did a search from within Word for it and never did find it...we spent
> about an hour on it and then gave up.  I don't think she did close it,
> tho'...could that be the problem?  Her Gateway did see it and showed
> the files on it.

It might be worthwhile to consider updating your CD/DVD drivers and
perhaps trashing those preferences and other maintenance stuff if you
haven't done this in a while. Also, take the CD to another mac known to
work ok and try the CD there. You should be able to open the cd, see a
list of files and locate the one you are interested in.

Oh, you might ask your friend if she tried opening the CD on her
computer and double clicking on the file to open it. If she can't do
this with the cd, its her problem not yours.
---
10,000 trees may soon die in South Florida...

<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>