[P1] Switcher

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Fri Jul 25 06:40:54 PDT 2003

A PC will only read a CD created in a Mac if it is burned in "hybrid"
format. If you burn it using the standard Mac filesystem (HFS) you will
need special software on the PC to read it. If you burn it in hybrid
format both the Mac and PC will be able to read it without any extra
software.

However, I don't think the Finder can burn hybrid CDs - Roxio Toast
does though. Toast is expensive, but it;s the best CD burning app on
the Mac platform, OS9 and OS X.

Word files created on the Mac version of Word will open in the PC
version. All the office formats (excel, powerpoint etc) are compatible
with both Office v.X and Office XP - it's just compatibility with
non-MS programs where the problems crop up - closed formats and vendor
lock in and all that.

Joe