Word formatting in Mac, PC

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 25 07:55:07 PDT 2003

On 7/25/03 8:40 AM, "Joe Jones" <joham at jo-ham.com> wrote:

> Word files created on the Mac version of Word will open in the PC
> version. All the office formats (excel, powerpoint etc) are compatible
> with both Office v.X and Office XP

My partner and I work in separate offices, her on a PC, me on a Mac. We
frequently work on the same Word documents, sending them back and forth, and
formatting shifts are a constant problem.

We've solved the "words wandering all over the page" issue by adhering to
strict rules of proper formatting (e.g. never using the space bar to align
type, etc.) but one thing we've never solved is the amount of stuff on a
page.

Her page breaks are always different than mine. Is there a way to solve
this? And are there any suggestions for fonts that are universal but more
attractive than Times New Roman?

These and any other formatting tips for "mixed marriages" like ours would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian