[P1] Diskwarrior Didn't Boot

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Fri Jun 6 08:02:20 PDT 2003

On 2003-06-06 16:59, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> I tried booting from the Diskwarrior 2.1 CD last night and for the
> first time, it didn't work. I tried several times holding down the C
> key and once the option key and clicking on the DW icon and then the go
> arrow. Neither would boot into DW and I was left hanging in a light
> colored screen.

Run fsck and repair permissions.

> I suppose my DW disk may be damaged but I wonder if Apple zapped the
> boot into 9 with the 10.2.6 update?

No.

To block booting into OS 9 would require a ROM update, and you would know if
you'd updated the ROM. Because ROM updates can still only be done from OS 9.
Bit of a Catch-22.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.