Newbie tnx! (+ partition-question)

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jun 6 13:10:35 PDT 2003

> From: <Parkblue at gmx.net>
>
> PS: Not having used X _at all_: what are this lists feelings about
> starting
> out with two OS-partitions, one for 9 and one for X (plus one for
> data)?

I think the broad consensus is that most users should just leave it the
way Apple ships it (OS X and 9 on the same partition). If you have a
good reason for wanting to partition it, you certainly can, but on
average it's not necessary.

I've bought a 120GB hard drive and I plan to partition it into two 60GB
partitions, one for a constant mirror backup of my "original" 60GB
drive and the rest for EyeTV, music/video projects etc.

But I'm leaving my original 60GB as it came from Apple (OS 9 and OS X
on the same partition).

_Chas_

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows is like saying that all other restaurants are inferior to
McDonald's.