[P1] scsi -> usb?

John Paul Moore johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 12 19:18:53 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 08:21  PM, Dan Farley wrote:

>> - I work in three locations and normally drag only the powerbook with
>> me,
>> not any of the peripherals. Must I purchase new jaz and zips, or can I
>> connect them to usb somehow?
>
> The price of pen drives with 32/64 MB capacity are only about $20/30
> and
> they hold a ton more than jaz or zips. They are compatible with Win
> 2000
> plus and OSX w/o drivers. Time to reconsider the need for jaz and zips
> in my
> own humble opinion. Shoot - the scsi-usb adaptors cost more.

Excuse me, I have been hankering for one of those pen drives or
keytrain drives, whatever, and waiting for the prices of the really big
ones to come down, but a $5 or (full retail price) $10 zip holds 100
mb, and the new ones hold 250mb; the far less reliable jaz will hold
one or two gigs. How can you get "a ton more" on a 64mb pen drive? Oh,
and the generic usb driver in the MacOS will recognize the zip; haven't
tested a jaz cause they never looked good enough for me to buy one.