Security Problem

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 12:05:25 PDT 2003

This is a question and not a proven fact...

I discovered that there was an active PocketPC file sharing option in
the X sharing dialog. 4 Ports were listed.

I think this was established by the software that syncs PocketPC to
make but I am not sure.

Anyway, is it possible that this could create an access for a hacker
who knew that these ports were being opened by this software? Or did I
do it myself and not remember?

Anyway, it is worth a bit of discussion with anyone who might have
tried that software or who finds this open port in the Firewall on his
book.

---
Instead of giving rich people all that money, why not give the 'tax
cut' funds to our military men and women and let them boost the economy
with their purchases?

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com