[P1] Camino...

kcypher42 at earthlink.net kcypher42 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 05:29:10 PDT 2003

-------Original Message-------
From: Fran <fran at dollingers.com>
Sent: 06/18/03 10:42 AM
To: iBook List <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Subject: Re: [P1] Camino...

> No, I meant that the page came up fine, just like it had been....no,
> new code that I had added was there. I checked again last night around
> 9pm and it had finally showed up...I did the work in the morning before
> 10am and checked repeatedly throughout the day and evening....nothing.
> So, the added work showed up sometime between 7pm & 9pm. It didn't look
> to be a code problem because it came out looking fine, as usual, just
> WAY late.

> Fran

Well, that blows my original theory out of the water.  The only other possibility I can think of is that Camino had your old pages stuck in its cache, and after a period of time, it decided the cache was too old, and checked to see if the pages had changed.  Your Netscape settings may have a shorter cache timeout, or decided to check for newer pages for some other reason.

Kurt