[P1] safari doesn't work anymore

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Fri Jun 20 15:05:02 PDT 2003

Guy McMickle wrote the following:

> For some reason, Safari quit working for me.  I was running v74, tried
> out a couple Safari "hacks"...one hack that changes the progress bar to
> look like fire, another that changed the buttons to red...I decided I
> didn't like the red buttons, so I erased that copy of safari and tried
> a new one, now safari doesn't want to work at all.  It will launch just
> fine, just won't load any web pages.  Doesn't load them if a bookmark
> is selected or a website is typed directly in.  Anyone know what's up?

Try moving the preferences file and run Safari again to see if that clears
it up...(It will delete any settings you had made for Safari so will treat
Safari as if it was being run for the first time by that user...if that does
not work you can always move it back and try another solution...)

The prefs file is located at /Users/your user directory name/ Library/
Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Hope this helps,

Richard