[P1] Help, she cried pitiousely

andy letterspackages at telus.net
Wed Jun 25 16:06:46 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 05:01 p, Pat D. Stephens wrote:

> Gee, I hope I spelled that right...
>
> I've been having email problems and it seems part of it at least is
> that Mail is not removing them from the server.  Can someone tell this
> little dumb bunny how to find and  change that setting?  I can't find
> it and can't imagine how it got changed.  Then we'll see if my
> problems get cleared up.

	In 'Mail > Preferences > Accounts' select your account and hit 'Edit >
Advanced' and click 'Remove copy from server after retrieving a
message:' and then your setting in the pulldown. Sounds a lot harder
than it actually is.

	I think the default is 'after one week'. Have you received any large
attachments, recently? Or, are you on a lot of mailing lists? Your disk
quota at your ISP may be used up-- are messages to you bouncing?

	(I suppose we'll find out!)

	HTH,

	andy