[P1] Music Store

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Fri May 2 10:53:58 PDT 2003

Paul Bernhardt on 4/29/03 3:40 AM wrote:

> Well, I downloaded iPod update 1.3, iTunes 4, and Quicktime 6.2... and
> upgraded everything. Then I went to the Music Store and made my first
> purchase.
>
> Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon... because I don't have it on CD.
>
> It was so easy, so fun to search, and they have *lots* of stuff (they
> even have Edith Piaf for my father, when he gets his new iMac).

 For the last couple years I've been planning to buy a stylus for my old
turntable so that I could capture music from my stacks of old LPs. I never
did try Napster, I just didn't feel it was right, and I just couldn't bring
myself to spring for the CD of these albums.

I have all the old Pink Floyd albums that were available on LP, but have yet
to buy anything on CD. Now I'm looking forward to downloading and creating
my own 'best of' albums.

I have a lot of old rock on LP, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Eagles, ELO, Yes,
etc. but strangely, the one LP I most wanted to capture was 'Slave to the
rhythm' by Grace Jones. I figured that if I could find that one on Apple's
music store, they would have a customer.

Now I'm finally listening to an album I haven't heard in over ten years.
Only $9.99 and I didn't have to get off my butt to go shopping. I could have
found it cheaper on eBay but shipping would push it over the cost of new and
I would have had to wait for it.

Waiting. What a terrible thought in this age of instant gratification.

-Mark