[P1] Airport and phones

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Fri May 2 10:29:25 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 10:13 US/Central, Gary D. Adams wrote:
> David Crump wrote:
>> Will the Airport be interfered with by my 2.4 GHz cordless phone
>> since they use the same band?
>> Thanks,
> It can be. Just check the channel in the Airport Admin Utility. Make
> sure you've got a wide separation. Bert Gross's AP Scanner or Andrew
> Kershaw's Classic Stumbler will show you as well.

That may not be effective either.  The coffee shop I frequent has a
2.4 GHz cordless and their Airport goes down completely whenever it's
off-hook.  Doesn't matter what channel they select.  I assume that
it's a problem with the phone, but the management isn't interested
in getting a different one....

Wireless is great enough that I'd rather just get long phone cords
than do without.  Luckily my old cordless phones aren't a problem....

Regards,

	Mike