[P1] FYI: New iBooks, no dual-boot

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 13:10:23 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 03:29  PM, Leonard Ornstein wrote:

> However, if you erase the HD and reinstall, checking the box for a
> 9.2.2 installation before continuing, you will then be able to boot in
> either X or 9.22.

Interesting. Perhaps just a bit to early to make the following call but
this might indicate that Apple is removing the boot option from OS X
software and not from the hard ware. If this is what is happening, then
future Macs may still boot into 9 using this idea.

---
I have just installed Virtual PC on my Powerbook G4 and XP Pro to run
Delorme's mapping stuff. Now I have a Mac with OS X and a Windows
operating system that runs faster than 80% of the windows machines in
the world. [Actual percentage to be verified later].

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com

Soon to be online: http://www.lobatelacscale.com