[P1] the whirring is back! was:new ibook problem...

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Wed May 7 18:41:48 PDT 2003

Brian Olesky wrote:

>On 5/7/03 4:45 PM, "Fran Dollinger" <fran at dollingers.com> wrote:
>

>>I read that book and knew right away what the reference was but I was
>>under the impression that to 'grok' something was to have a deep
>>understanding of that thing.
>>

>And you were right. See below, picked up from the Dictionary channel in
>Sherlock:
>
>tr.v. Slang grok·ked, grok·king, groks
>
>To understand profoundly through intuition or empathy.
>

>[Coined by Robert A. Heinlein in his Stranger in a Strange Land.]
>

>Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
>Edition

Great book, great author....I've read and still own 30 or more of his works.
Him & Vonnegut....yeow!
Now to keep this OT...Apple is sending a box for my poor little iBook.
Maybe after the 3rd return they'll do something really cool like return
me an 800MHz!! Chances are?...Zip?

One can dream! ;-)

Fran