[P1] Faxing in OSX

Thomas D. Kearns thomas.d.kearns at verizon.net
Wed May 7 18:20:45 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 11:32 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:
> On 5/6/03 9:39 PM, "Thomas D. Kearns" <thomas.d.kearns at verizon.net>
> wrote:
>>  My line is already split into 3 devices:  DSL Modem, telephone and
>> fax machine.  Now I need a fourth.  My wife won't believe I need yet
>> another set of wires. Could you talk to her if she doesn't believe me?
>> :)  Thanks, Tom
>
> If you have a standalone fax machine near your computer, why on earth
> would
> you bother with Page Sender?
>
> It's sort of like saying, "Wow, those new prosthetic arms have come a
> long
> way. I wish I could get one, but unfortunately, since I still have two
> good
> arms, I don't have room for it."
>
> Brian

1.  If I have a doc on the Mac, it is much easier to fax directly from
the computer.  Otherwise you need to print and then fax.

2.  After receiving a fax in Page Sender I can forward the fax by
e-mail or re-fax without printing.

3.  I get a lot of junk faxes.  Getting them on the computer saves
paper and it's easier to forward to the FTC to complain.

4. Faxes received on the Mac remain easy to find.

Need I go on?

Tom