[P1] Faxing in OSX

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Thu May 8 07:38:41 PDT 2003

----- On 5/8/03 7:59 AM MDT (-0600), Jack Rodgers
<jackrodgers at earthlink.net> wrote, in part:

>Faxes aren't sent like email, although there are probably services
>where you can have faxes sent and then download faxes like you download
>email or ftp.
>
>If your Powerbook isn't connected to the phone line where the fax is
>being sent, the sender gets a failure and may or may not retry later.
>However, if you are away 8 hours there is a possibility the fax will
>never get sent or received. If this is a bad thing, then a permanent
>installed fax machine is required.

eFax is one such service. It offers a free account with a non-local
number. You are sent an email with the fax in a format their software can
read. Not a bad deal, unless like me you have your dedicated fax line
number printed on thousands of business cards, letterhead, brochures,
etc. and have given it to many people. eFax also has a couple of levels
of paid service, including toll-free numbers and sending capability.

<http://www.efax.com>

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562