[P1] Powermac4u

andy letterspackages at telus.net
Thu May 8 12:00:03 PDT 2003

>This guy said he went by their location and it turned out to be
>a post office box (not sure what that means in Canada--maybe
>what we'd call a mail drop in the U.S.?).

A POBox is just that, a small mail slot typically in a post office.
I have one (in the back corner of the 7-11 by my house) and it's hardly
large enough to stuff a couple thick paperback books into.

>Good luck.  I'd call my credit card company and dispute the charge right
>now.  That's a lot of money.  Then I'd get on the blower to the
>authorities, whoever that is in Vancouver.

it'd likely by the RCMP consumer fraud division?
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams/cfraud_e.htm
Bill, are you situated in the States? If this were cross-border, the RCMP
would definitely be the one to call. Though I don't remember what the
lower $ limit is for the cases they handle, recall American dollars
pack significantly greater mileage in Canada-- that's a 3500$ system, here!

If I can do anything to help, from Calgary, let me know.

/andy