[P1] airport question

andy letterspackages at telus.net
Thu May 8 11:49:46 PDT 2003

At 10:20 AM 08/05/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>The base station with the modem also has a way to connect external
>antennae to extend the range a bit. The modem is for those who have to
>dial-in to their ISP. A computer with an Airport card would connect to the
>base and the base would do the connecting (with the modem) to the ISP via
>phone lines. That's my understanding of what the modem is for. I can't
>imagine there being a huge demand for that configuration, except that it's
>the only way to get the external antenna feature.
>
>Charles Pearce
><charlesp at ksu.edu>

    Is it possible that while I'm away from home I could use the iBook's
internal modem
(or via my cell phone, perhaps) to dial in to the base station, and then
use it's internal
routing to connect to the internet via my DSL connection (at dialup speeds,
of course.)
My DSL provider (TELUS) offers roughly 5 "additional" dialup hours bundled
for when
you're away from home, but I'd fast find this to be inadequate.
    Would this method work to circumvent their roaming limitations?

    /andy