[P1] OT: iPod questions

caipirina at mac.com caipirina at mac.com
Mon May 12 13:01:04 PDT 2003

Not tested yet .. not having used PC in awhile .. but here my best guesses:

>A) Can you download from a digital camera directly into the ipod or does
it >have to go through iPhoto first?

- there is no iPhoto for PC .. no camera "needs" iphoto .. I believe on a
PC, whatever connection the camera uses .. you should be able to simply
drag and drop picture files from the camera's chip to the iPod, if mounted
(showing up as a drive in explorer) as a hard drive ...

> B) Is the Windows version of the software a free download as is the Mac
>version?  How do PC people put music on their iPods?

my understanding is that Musicmatch is the software that apple worked with
to get the auto sync feature into the PC wolrd .. this software shoud come
with the iPod and/or be a free download ...
There are rumors about a PC version for iTunes coming up later this year
... my guess is that it will be free, as it will open up the music store to
the PC user community ...

I guess your folks will be happy with the iPod .. i just keep scratching my
head of that pics->iPhoto->iPod question ... a combination i never even had
thought of ...

cheers .. the new iPod rocks

Thanks to all in advance.

Mark

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.
<ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

iBookPlanet.com |  Visit iBookPlanet.com for the hottest

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>