[P1][OT] Apple MusicStore 'opinion article'

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Wed May 21 09:57:19 PDT 2003

On 2003-05-21 18:27, Fran Dollinger wrote:

> Instead of where I know my money is really going, which is straight toward
> some Universal records exec's Range Rover payments, with the remainder right
> into the vault inside Steve Jobs' gold-trimmed bedchamber. And most likely not
> a single dime to the artist who wrote and recorded and sang the actual music.

It's a widespread and popular belief, but it is wrong. There are such things
as royalties, and as long the artists was smart enough to not sell those,
(s)he WILL get money for every song sold/played on the air/played live.

Really, artists who are trapped with crappy contracts have only themselves
to blame for signing it.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the
best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is