Sleep or Shutdown?

Joe Sporleder joe at beloit-kansas.com
Tue May 27 13:22:50 PDT 2003

Do y'all put your iBook to sleep or shut it down when moving it long
distances? I put it to sleep when I'm just moving it around the house
or around the office, but a co-worker with an older iBook (running
MacOS 9.2.2) has had problems with hard drive corruption. He has always
been putting it asleep, no matter how far it might travel, because that
is what the manual suggests. I had a wake up from sleep problem the
other day on my iBook after traveling with it to the office, however,
that may have been a fluke that won't happen again. I'm living totally
in MacOS 10 (the book came with 10.2.6, the latest), although this
iBook can boot into MacOS 9.2.2. Since 10 is the future, I might as
well start living there! :-) However, I didn't expect it to boot into
9.2.2, as I thought all new machines and updated machines would not
support booting into Classic. Perhaps what Apple really means is that
they do not support booting into classic with the newer hardware, even
tho' it may, it is not officially supported.

Joe