[P1] How to apply for lawsuit settlement? & Panther on 366

Jon Wever jon.wever at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 2 03:14:55 PST 2003

On 02/11/2003, at 9:48 PM, Kim Gammelgaard wrote:

> On 31/10/03 6:48, "DavidWedge at aol.com" <DavidWedge at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> A machine of 500mhz & lower is NOT a good
>> candidate for Panther--anyone with a brain should be able to figure
>> that out.
>
> Quite a statement! But simply not true. I think you are the one who
> needs a
> new brain.

Ooh - that hurts. Lets play nice, boys and girls.
At any rate, my blue & white G3 (at a meagre 350MHz) is doing perfectly
well with Panther - thanks very much - making do with only 256MB!
Not a speed demon of course - and I never expected otherwise - but it
certainly seems more responsive in 10.3 than it ever did with 10.2.8.
And while I can't get the FUS cube-animation, I do get a nice expose
rendition. Plus the spinning beach ball doesn't show up as much as it
used to, for which I am grateful. All my apps run beautifully and if it
wasn't for this crappy Umax psuedo-USB scanner I would've dumped
Classic ages ago too.
So, the next project is to find a new (cheap) scanner, overclock this
baby & drop another half a gig of RAM in it. As soon as I can find a
reliable dealer who still has PC100 sticks in stock....
Cheers