[P1] 17" Laptops

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Mon Nov 3 15:01:40 PST 2003

On 03/11/03 23:22, "Remell Boyer" <r.boyer at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Dudes, c'mon it can't be that bad.  You act like the MacOS has no problems,
> like it never crashes or freezes, or new OS X updates don't invalidate things
> that were already working ;).
> You just said yourself, when your dvd player goes down.  I understand your
> affinity for your platform or choice, but I know its not as bad as you make it
> out.  There are a few things that you have to admit:  Macs are more expensive,
> no matter which way you slice the "get what you pay for/value argument".

Untrue, Sorry about that. You really get what you pay for here. Macs are
definitely a better choice.

>They
> are slower,

Untrue, Are you a Windows Nerd or something?

>they less flexible with hardware choices,
Okay I give you that, as we cannot use cheap the cheap hardware that our
Windows comrades keep failing on them. But on the other hand. I have this
iBook that is 3 years old. In what way do you think it is inferior in
hardware choice than my 3 year old Compaq Evo? I think you don't have a
point here at all.

>and mostly behind the
> technology curve.

Are you totally out of your mind? If Macusers were that, how come the number
3 fastest computer in the world is a cluster of Mac that are bought at less
than half the price that the equivalent Windows PC's cost. And besides, if I
installed the newest Windows system(XP) on my Evo(same age as my iBook,
remember, I would never get anything done on that, as it would be dead-slow,
but my ibook just keeps getting faster with each incarnation of OSX)

>For as many innovations as Apple introduces, there are many
> more that they miss.

Please make a count for us: one of the reasons why Apple still proliferates
is the speed and number of innovations that constantly keep coming out of
Cupertino. If Apple didn't innovate, it would be out of business within a
year. Windows on the other hand does not.

> Every platform has is problems, and in the end, it all balances out.

If it did, we would all be using windows by now, dear.

> You just
> have to find a platform that works for you, and leave it at that.
> The bashing is really not neccessary.  Can't we just play nice?

Sure we can play nice, but we don't have to evade the looks of our
colleagues and friends just because we use a platform that is less used than
others. Our platform of choice is better, or else we wouldn't choose it!

I wonder what your post was supposed to mean, btw. Do you really think there
are no important differences using Macs and Windows?

Cheers,

Kim