[P1] 17" Laptops

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Mon Nov 3 17:55:15 PST 2003

> Are you totally out of your mind? If Macusers were that, how come the
> number
> 3 fastest computer in the world is a cluster of Mac that are bought at
> less
> than half the price that the equivalent Windows PC's cost.

This is a poor choice to argue price point with, as these computers
most likely weren't bought off-the-shelf at retail prices.

> I wonder what your post was supposed to mean, btw. Do you really think
> there
> are no important differences using Macs and Windows?

To be honest, the way some Mac users rise to the defense of any
criticism of the platform and any comparison to other platforms gets to
be a bit tiring to read when the level of discussion is such that
people start using loaded terms like "pee-cees" and "windoze," and
especially when people start to take it too personally.

Given that this is an iBook list, I don't think there's any real need
to argue the point here. Each platform has its' advantages and
disadvantages; they don't always balance out, and they don't have to.
I'm glad I have a Macintosh, and I'm sure the rest of us are, as well.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net