[P1] panther and apple mail

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Mon Nov 3 18:05:06 PST 2003

> I don't yet understand what the new threaded mail option is - how is
> that different than clicking on "subject?" Anybody able to offer a
> short explanation?

It gives the same organizational function as sorting by subject; but
threading also allows you to "collapse" threads in your Mail browser,
which can be convenient if you see lots of them. And it can highlight
them in a color you specify. (It also lets you keep things sorted by
something other than subject.)

By the way, you can open and close threads from the keyboard by
pressing the left and right cursor keys.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net