Panther on 12" iBook

Robert Newman rlnewmanitools at mac.com
Wed Nov 5 20:35:18 PST 2003

Hi:

I am debating whether to move up to 10.3 on my 12" iBook.  What I read
about it is good.  I however have three things that must work in
Panther.  One is my FireWire TDK 48/24/48 CD Burner.  It is not
supported by OS X 10.2.8, however it works fine in Toast Lite 5.2.1.
Second is my new Palm Zire 71 which works great with OS X 10.2.8, and
lastly I have a Sharp DV Camcorder that is not listed in the supported
Camcorders with iMovie, however it also works great with my present
incarnation of OS X.  If everything plays well with OS X 10.2.8 can I
be reasonably certain that they will work with Panther?  It is a pretty
stock system with no hacks, etc installed.

Thanks,
Robert Newman