What computer soes Apple use in its corporate offices

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Wed Nov 5 22:51:33 PST 2003

> It might be interesting to find out what computers and software Apple
> uses for its own business needs. Does it do all of its accounting in
> Filemaker? Are there any windows pcs or networking devices anywhere in
> the Apple organization?

I can attest, they use nothing but Macs. I had the privilege of working
for Apple and was able to see beneath the surface. They are a Mac only
shop. In some areas, they are networked for sharing, in some areas, the
sharing is very limited. The entire Apple "System" is totally
integrated and networked so they can access any and everybody at any
time. Access to specific files is always on a need to use basis just
like in any corporate structure. The other remarkable element is the
respect each employee has for Apple and the Apple corporate community.
They are a family and a community. Working for Apple was the most
enriching and rewarding work experience I have ever had and I was very
sad when I was forced by family circumstances to terminate that
employment. I miss that nurturing environment very much. Apple is a
great company to work for.

Mac Computer Show and Sale December 13th
Info at www.wap.org