[P1] I have to find out what it is.

Fred Stevens K2FRD K2FRD at stny.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 09:17:51 PST 2003

I'll add my thanks for articulating what we MacFolk feel for our
machines. I am a relative latecomer into the Mac scene (since 1997),
but am now on my 3rd Mac. I felt pain when I had to throw out my old
IIvx, faithful as it was, but I'm moving and am disposing of a lot of
beloved treasures. However, I put my old (and still working) PM 7300
(heavily upgraded to G3/400, 368mb RAM) into storage after carefully
packing it into a padded carton; reason and future use for it unknown.

My love affair with Macs is sometimes taken to extremes and I get
very, very defensive about my Mac and Apple in general to the degree
that I have stood up in front of audiences and lectured them about
the greatness and attributes of Macs when someone has tried to put
them down. And, I froth at the mouth if anyone says anything negative
about Macs in the same sentence that they try to elevate Windows and
PCs.

I even treat my two laptops differently:  I am very careful, tender,
and gentle when I move my iBook into its carrycase and travel with
it. But, I just throw my Dell Latitude into its case and toss it into
the back of the car without a second thought. It's like having a
pretty and talented daughter whom I favor over a troublesome stepson
who will never amount to much. I just hope my Dell doesn't have
feelings...

Fred

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD