A/V cord on clamshell iBook

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Fri Nov 7 19:38:28 PST 2003

I use my A/V cord fairly often with my Firewire Clamshell style iBook to hook it up to the TV to show pictures with iPhoto.  The last time I tried to hook it up, it wouldn't work.  The screen resolution didn't change, and when I open Displays in System Preferences, I don't have the NTSC option in the list of resolutions.  It used to update as soon as the cord was plugged in.  I am now running OS X 10.2.8, and am wondering if this funtionality has been lost since the last update.  Anyone had a similar problem or suggestions.
I confirmed that it is not a hardware problem with the A/V port on the computer, as when I booted in OS 9, it worked fine.  I cannot find any related info in Apple's knowledge base.
Thanks for any help.
Dave.