[P1] How Panther runs on my 366 iBook

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Fri Nov 7 18:51:09 PST 2003

> I agree with your assessment. With all the little things I'm finding
> that I think I can attribute to 10.2.8, I'm wondering why they
> released it at all with 10.3 to be released only a few days later.
> But, now that I have my cellphone working with my iBook for net
> access, I guess I'll spring the bucks for Panther.

I think the revised version of 10.2.8 came out about three weeks before
10.3 went on sale; and *that* was a revision to correct the two minor
issues with the original version that came out a week or so (?) before
that.

People tend to attribute lots of problems to these Software Updates;
but often when you get down into the details of what files were
changed, most of the problems can't be directly connected to the
updates. (Of course, that doesn't make addressing the problems much
easier.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net