[P1] How to apply for lawsuit settlement? & Panther on 366

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Sun Nov 9 06:35:23 PST 2003

On 2003-11-01 18:29, Brian Pearce wrote:

> It's sort of confusing, but it *looks* as if the earliest supported
> iBooks are the iBook SE, really the second iteration of the product
> (though I forget what the difference between that and the original
> model was).

All iBooks are supported. Any Mac with built-in USB is supported.

> This strikes me as rather odd, as a few of these models were included
> in the Class Action; but there's probably a reason for what looks on
> the surface like an oversight.

The reason for the settlement was Apple's claim that Mac OS X would be
*fully optimised* for all supported models. Which it wasn't; support for the
Rage Pro and Rage II GPUs was sorely lacking.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?