[P1] Powerbook won't boot up

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 10 19:14:24 PST 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 8:20 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> My daughter has an original Titanium Powerbook 15" and suddenly, it
> just
> seems dead. She figures the battery's probably not much good anymore
> since
> it's about 3 - 4 years old, but it won't even start with the adapter
> plugged
> in. She thinks it might be because she had the battery out, and tried
> boot up with a photo cd in the tray, and maybe it tried to boot from
> the CD,
> gave up, and just went and died. Any thoughts, tips, desperation
> attempts,
> etc?

Put the battery back in or preferably buy a new one. Connect the AC.
Press and hold the startup button for quite some time until you hear a
bong. If that doesn't work there is a method of resetting the power
manager that I don't recall but someone might or you can search Apple's
Support.

---
Trees are being sucked dry of life in South Florida by a tiny insect.
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>