[P1] Hi and iBook G4 musings

Rory Prior rory at thinkmac.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 14:45:47 PST 2003

Hi,

On Nov 11, 2003, at 8:10 pm, Jay Boshara wrote:

> Here¹s a website that has been evaluating the new G4 iBooks ‹ check it
> often
> over the next week or so because the author has been adding new stuff
> to it
> virtually daily:  http://www.barefeats.com/ibG4.html

Yeah I did see that, but as long as it runs faster than my existing
PowerMac then I'm not that fussed if it's a few seconds slower in
Photoshop or whatever than a much more expensive Al PowerBook. I'm
really more interested in hearing about build quality, battery life,
screen quality and so on.

> Also, there is a rumor circulating
> (http://www.insanely-great.com/news.php?id=2693) that Apple is about to
> release some new updated computers, possibly the "next generation"
> iMac.  It
> might be worthwhile to wait until the second quarter of 2004 or at
> least
> until Macworld San Francisco January 5-9.

Well exactly when I buy depends a lot on when I can sell my old Macs,
but what I really want is a portable and Apple has just done a major
refresh on the iBooks and a speed bump on the PowerBooks so it's going
to be 6 months or so before anything staggeringly faster comes out. All
I have to do now is put aside my temptation of getting a refurbished
TiBook 800 or 867 by looking at pictures of the chipped off paint...

Rory