CD Burner And Toast Keep Giving Me Sass

Fred Stevens K2FRD K2FRD at stny.rr.com
Tue Nov 11 15:14:18 PST 2003

I'm experiencing an annoying situation with both the built-in CD
burner and Toast Lite when I try to burn a CD. After verification, it
writes for awhile onto the CD, then a series of windows pop up
stating the following or variations of same:

	"The drive reported an error: Sense Key = Medium Error Sense
Code 0x73, 0x03" and
	"The drive reported an error: Sense Key = Illegal Request
Sense Code 0x24 Invalid Field in CDB".

This is all gibberish to me. I tried switching from cheap blank TDK
CDs to more expensive Sony's, but the problem still happens. After
two or three attempts, I'll get it to go with a fresh blank CD
(trying to reuse the one which was rejected seems to be a waste of
time). I also rebooted my 14.4" iBook 900 (three months old) using
10.2.8, but I can't tell if it did any good except this last time,
the first CD I put in worked.

Any guesses what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Fred