[P1] Desaturated olors on ibook monitor

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 16:04:28 PST 2003

On Nov 17, 2003, at 3:13 PM, Dave M Wyman wrote:

> I have tried fiddling with the "color" option on the Color LCD system
> preference, but with little luck. Why is there such a disparity
> between what I see on screen, and what comes out of my digital
> projector and printer?

That's the nature of the beast and a problem since crayons were
invented.

Apple's default setting for an LCD screen is probably not the one you
want. Try RGB or sRGB which gives deeper colors. There is a lot more
theory involved and I am not competent to explain it. But I have
decades of similar experience seeing color photos with a blue tinge,
red tinge, etc. What one does is learn the rules and play accordingly.
Welcome to a subject with a lot to learn.

--
Canon EOS goodies for sale on eBay:
<http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?