supporting local apple stores

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Fri Nov 28 16:31:20 PST 2003

> That being said, I also like the idea of supporting local resellers
> whenever possible so I can't argue with your approach.

For those of you who want to support your local apple store but may
also want or need to purchase online from the apple store, you can have
it both ways. The next time you go to the apple store, ask one of the
employees to help you get the url for their online store. Email that to
yourself and use that url instead of the apple.com url

What happens is that you get a specific url designated to permit online
purchases to be credited to the store belonging to that url. So you are
purchasing from your local apple store via the online Apple store.
Unfortunately, there is no system in effect to permit that feature for
non apple resellers.

For special orders, ie, education, business and federal employees, many
discounts can not be honored in the apple store but they can help you
find the url which will let you purchase online with credit for the
purchase going to the local store.

Mac Computer Show and Sale December 13th
Info at www.wap.org