[P1] Battery life issues

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Fri Oct 31 09:33:47 PST 2003

On Oct 31, 2003, at 11:25 AM, Paul Bernhardt wrote:

> Did you do the first update to 10.2.8 or the second version of that
> update? I understand the first version caused battery life problems
> while the second version did not.
>
> It may be that Panther does nothing specifically to what caused the
> problem in the 10.2.8 updates...
>
> Did you do a complete install of Panther or an upgrade?

Unfortunately, I was one of the early adopters and grabbed the update
and installed it before they pulled it. Likewise, on the 10.3 upgrade,
I just did an upgrade since I didn't have enough room on the hard drive
to do a new install or an archive and install.

So, is the conventional wisdom that I should do a clean install of 10.3
to see if that does it? Anyone know for sure? That seems like an awful
lot of work to find out it doesn't work. Thanks.

Charles Pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)