[P1] AppleCare

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 9 12:31:50 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 09:34  AM, Mike Beede wrote:

> If you have a relative in another state, get them to buy it.
> I don't believe that they can't supply service to machines in
> the state--just that they can't sell the contract there.
> Hopefully someone on the list (e.g., Jack) can verify or
> contradict that.

Whoever buys the most politicians writes the law in Florida and
elsewhere, I suppose.

In Florida AppleCare cannot be sold to non-corporate customers which is
rather stupid since I bought Honda Care for my new car. The Gold Coast
User Group in Miami was stating that their members could qualify for
Apple Care and invited everyone to become a member, if just for that
reason.

If you have Inc in your name you can get Apple Care. I have made it a
habit to sell before the year is up and add the cost of Apple Care to
the difference between what I get and what I spend for the new book. I
like my tiBook so much, compared to my feelings towards other
Powerbooks, that I haven't thought of selling it since it is finally
fast enough for what I do.

---
Television is the secret to a peaceful world. It's addictive nature is
so strong that married folks will stop arguing to watch a commercial...

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net