[P1] AppleCare

david davidwb at spymac.com
Tue Sep 9 12:51:03 PDT 2003

On 9/9/03 9:34 AM, "Mike Beede" <beede at visi.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, Sep 9, 2003, at 00:34 US/Central, PaulKurtz III wrote:
>
>> I also had very good/speedy service on my iBook during my free year.
>> However, I live in FL and was unable to purchase extended Applecare
>> due to
>> state laws.
>
> If you have a relative in another state, get them to buy it.
> I don't believe that they can't supply service to machines in
> the state--just that they can't sell the contract there.
> Hopefully someone on the list (e.g., Jack) can verify or
> contradict that.
>
> If you have a problem, you'll have to put the original disk
> back before returning it, I think....

Florida has a state department of insurance and all insurance companies and
extended warranty companies (because extended warranties are essentially
insurance) have to register with that department in order to sell products
to INDIVIDUALS. Apparently they can sell to businesses without registering.

My sister-in-law came up against this a couple and her computer dealer told
her to register AppleCare through her business.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com