[P1] [OT] Hurricane Tracking

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Sep 10 08:41:24 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 09:45  AM, don hinkle wrote:

> I was in Wichita, KS, once, years ago, when a hurricane came right
> through the city. I didn't know any better and went walking outside to
> see what it was like. Fortunately, it was the calm "eye"

I did say "rarely" and not never. There's a lot of Texas and Oklahoma
between us and hurricanes, so they generally burn out before they get
to us. With our current drought, I've been kind of hoping that one
would come up around Houston, become a bunch of rain and head north,
but alas...

Charles Pearce
charlesp at ksu.edu