[P1] [OT] Hurricane Tracking

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 10 09:07:29 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 11:56  AM, Fred Stevens K2FRD
wrote:

> Not to add fuel to a fire, but I've been hoping for a couple
> back-to-back 10-inch hurricanes here in upstate NY. I'm in the field
> of emergency communications services (planning/preparation stuff) and
> I projected that two such hurricanes would be a 500-year flood and put
> a number of communities within the historic flood plain underwater.
> The only way to really convince them that they need to plan for this
> contingency is to have a 500-year Flood; otherwise, they operate
> "business as usual" and ignore the planners. Following this thought
> (and to air a major gripe), they also blame us when what we predicted
> was going to happen actually happened.

Kind of a weird way of providing job security...

I hope the Prez doesn't think that way, "I hope the smuggle in an
atomic bomb and blow up New York then everyone will know I was right."

---
Don't just sits there waiting for something good to find you. Predators
find other things and eat them. While you are waiting, hundreds and
thousands of people will interpose themself between you and success and
catch it before it finds you.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net