Tennessee iBook repair experiences?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Sep 17 19:38:39 PDT 2003

I recently posted about a display problem ("Re: plaid
screen, rolling video").  Considering the results of the
repair process, I'm wondering what others' experience has
been with the Tennessee repair shop.  I seem to recall
someone posted about having to send her(?) iceBook back
to Tennessee like 3 or 4 times, originally for a display
problem, until finally being given a new replacement.

My own just went back for its 3rd try, with this and the
2nd try maybe being caused by the repair shop.  The 1st
repair was a new main logic board, about as expected.
Trying it in the Apple store, the trackpad stopped
working; and a different display irregularity--at just
the end of the OSX bootup gray screen--existed.  Sent
back to have those fixed, only the trackpad was fixed
(wasn't connected, sounds like sloppy work) and nothing
was mentioned about the display nor was it fixed.  So
my iceBook just went back, again right from the Apple Store
since I checked it there, for the bootup display problem
to be taken care of.

A 14" iceBook I had repaired maybe a year? ago, for a
sticky hinge and a sticky trackpad, went to Texas and
came back fine.  And I seem to recall all laptop repairs
used to go to Texas.  The label on the shipping box
today said "Flextronics" or something like that, in
Tennessee, Memphis I think.