[P1] DVD playback is slow

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Fri Sep 19 15:37:15 PDT 2003

Gorjan Todorovski wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with the DVD playback. When I start the movie it is all fine, but after a while (half hour maybe) of playback it becomes slow and it skips. It becomes slower and slower.
>
>I own the iBook for almost a year and it wasn't a problem in the beginning. I have tried several movies and I have the same problem.
>
>What might be the problem?
>
>My iBook is 700MHz with 256M RAM and Mac OS X 10.2.6

Try playing the movie at half size. Does that fix the problem? If so, it
might be a lack of CPU power holding you back. Try quitting all other
programs then watching it. I know that my 800 iBook gets quite cosy when
watching DVD's, so normally I prop it up on a dvd case to get a bit more
air round the bottom.

Hope that helps,
--Michael.